Wednesday 7 September 2011

Tokyo Trains

I've already spent quite a lot of my time on Tokyo's marvellous JR rail system in the 3 days I've been here, and I've seen a lot more amazing things at various stations than ramen and fag vending machines. At Shinagawa yesterday on the way to collect my re-entry permit, I saw a corridor that reminded me of the atrium of a spaceship:


At Ebisu, I found an entirely unexpected tiki shop, complete with flower garlands and Hawaian music (I'm not sure why I found it quite so strange actually, since Hawaii is a popular holiday destination here)


I could (and will, later!) go on...in the next week I'll be at Shinjuku, Shibuya, Daiba, Osaki, Nerima and Tsunashima stations, so I hope there'll be plenty to see there!

Apparently there are no standard rail maps here - the two I've got are completedly different styles from each other, and the below are different again:


But the one I wish I had is this one:


What a beauty! I'm not sure you can buy it anymore, even. I hope it's possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment