Saturday 10 September 2011

Creepy Babies

Just after having another 'try harder!' moment (I turned up to an event in Minato City an entire DAY early!), I stumbled upon a huge Buddhist temple:


Zojoji Temple
The complex was enormous and I promptly got lost in little winding paths through gardens of statues, huge doorways to empty halls, and calming looking little pagoda thingys







Then I came to a long outdoor corridor which I thought at first was lined with colourful flowering bushes. But they weren't colourful flowering bushes.


I had the distinct feeling of being watched...


By an ARMY of creepy buddha babies...


with little knitted wooly hats on...


They seemed quite cute at first. But after about a minute I felt decidedly more uncomfortable than I would have if they'd all been gargoyles or little ugly demons. Zojoji Temple: don't walk around he gardens after sunset unless CHILDS PLAYnever made you even a little bit nervous (and you're telling the truth about that)...

No comments:

Post a Comment