Sunday 17 April 2011

Kapow! 2011

Having had a great time, met a brilliant new author, and finally subscribed to Murky Depths quarterly magazine which I've been meaning to do since last year's EasterCon, I am ashamed not to have written anything at all yet about the Kapow! Comic Con 2011. Pictures probably say it best:


Translation: It was at the Business Design Centre in Islington, and it was big!

Translation: there was a cosplay competition, and these are only a few of the fantastic costumes people had on during the weekend! I personally met a very talkative Jedi knight and a giant rabbit. Myself, I made do with the usual 'vaguely reminiscent of Ghost in the Shell android' biker boots and garishly shiny blue hair.

I got a promising looking non-Japanese Tokyopop manga (soon to be rare now their shutting up shop in the US) called Poison Candy, another 3 volumes of Naoki Urazawa's delightfully meaty and multifaceted near-future 'novel in manga form' 20th Century Boys, a properly nice Manga t-shirt which I am seriously considering wearing to work I like it so much, and evangelised about Self Made Hero and Kiki de Montparnasse to a hardened Marvel fan which seemed to go remarkably well. And...


Ok I admit it. I also raided the CyberCandy stall and am still feasting on 'Amped Apple' favour Super Sour Nerds. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment